Service Rifle Awards
Major Event Awards/Trophies
- Marksman trophy – awarded to the winner of the annual ANZAC day commemorative shoot.
- Top Off Rifle Iron Sights – awarded to the highest scorer after 2 registered shoots using an unmodified service rifle with iron sights only.
- Service Rifle Perpetual Trophy – awarded to the highest aggregate after 3 registered shoots in one calender year (1 major and 2 minor shoots).
- Team Trophy Rifle – awarded to the team with the highest score with using standard unmodified rifles or carbines.
- Team Trophy Cadet – awarded to the team with the highest score with using a cadet or “sub caliber” trainer rifles using open or iron sights.
Minor Event Awards/ Trophies
- “.303” cup – awarded to the winner of the “.303” shoot.
- Magpie cup – awarded to the shooter that scorers the most 4’s during a major shoot.
- Encouragement award – awarded to the shooter that improves the most between the two details during a major shoot.
- Wooden Spoon award – awarded to the lowest place during a major shoot.
Service Rifle Badges
- Silver rifle – awarded to the winner of a minor shoot.
- Golden rifle – awarded to the shooter that collects and swaps 3 silver rifle badges.
- Sharpshooter/Expert Badge – presented to the shooter that wins 3 golden rifle badges, as their dedication and decoration of their prowess during all shoots (both major and minor). Along with this, the class that the shooter becomes an expert sharpshooter, is added as a “bar” under their award.
Current “bars” being competed for
– Standard issue
– Accurised rifle
– Scoped/Sniper Rifle
– Tactical/Modified rifle (optical class ONLY)